Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing donuts yesterday and flipped so I bent my stock handlebars. I don't have the cash for any flexxs and have read that the tag x5 are good. I do alot of trail riding so any suggestion???

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm going with Rox Risers Anti Vib and Pro Taper low bend so I can run the stock handlebar controls.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doi need the risers or can I get the bars by themselves meanwhile I come up with more cash.. I also need all the stock controls to fit

·
Registered
389 Posts
I bought those due to the vibration, folks here been going the trail tech billet mounts and bars, lot cheaper!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
If you go with a 1 1/8 bar, you're going to need some sort of adapter. Most times the stock controls will fit (the bars are still 7/8" where the grips and controls mount) - you can run into trouble if you try to add a set of handguards since there is very little room left over. You can get some more room by adding a shorty shifter and removing the shifter on the bars. If you go higher, you can get some slack by rerouting the cables.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where can I get a shorty shifter

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Do a search for "shorty shifter". KFXhellraiser and Camo both make them for sale, but they're not too tough to make yourself.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thnaks rob...that's good to know

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I really liked my trailtech bar clamp and bars looked nice to

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't you have to relocate the key with those bars

·
Registered
6,768 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That does look good..where would be an ideal place to relocate the key and do u think it'll be easy for a beginer like me

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Ice they sell a bracket to put the key on top of the belt drive. ir some guys mount it on the fender.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
dixie saw my new setup tonight, ive got rox 2" anti vibe risers and pro taper contour cr mid bends. i havent ridden it since i put them on but they are comfortable just sitting on it. ill get some photos of my bike at the drags tom n start a new thread of what i changed on it in the past week!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Pro Taper ATV HIGH bend with Houser clamp, I also removed shifter to clean up the clutter on the bars. Relocated the key and indicator panel. All reused factory controls fit on again with this setup with some rerouting. It improved comfort big time from the factory setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts