Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the difference in the paddle construction. Assuming both tires were 10 paddle how much grip would you loose with the hauler vs. extreme??

I am guessing you would loose about the equivalent of one paddle. IE. a 10 paddle hauler would mimic the performance of a 9 paddle extreme.

Thoughts????

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Enigma I'm going to put my 25" 10 paddle extremes up for sale. They are triple buffs on 9x9 blue labels. They only weigh 15 lbs each. Only thing is they have the Honda and BF 4/110 bolt pattern. Since I'm getting the 840 I want a set of sandblasters.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Hauler=5/8" height----Extreme=7/8"----So don't know if 10 paddles X 1/8" each would be equivalent to the loss of a whole paddle:hmm::hmm:

Kenny

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Did you measure? They should be the same height at 7/8" except the extreme paddles are 1/8" thicker.

Skat-Trak Paddle Tires
Nope---My bad---When it said 1/8" thicker---I thought I read 1/8" taller---Sorry for the confusion.

Kenny

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had 24" 9 paddle extremes before except I had a stock swingarm on the 800. They were a little much for what I liked to do. I went to a 24" edge and they worked well with stock swingarm.

I underestimated how much grip I would loose when I went +4 swingarm.

I rode some 25" 10 paddle Extremes and really liked them with the +4.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
go with the extremes... haulers are for bikes with less tq... I hear folks all the time talk about having issues with them as they seem to fold over with higher tq bikes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts