Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 1989 KLF300C for a few months now. It was a basket case when I got it. Motor was strong so I didn't mind putting some work into it. I've had this problem with intermittent stalling/no spark issue for a while. I've tested all electrical components and everything passed within spec. Voltage is good grounds are all good and clean. Went through entire fuel system and no issues there. Replaced petcok, fuel lines and filter. The last couple times I had it out it died and before I could come to a complete stop, about 10-15sec after it died, it let out a huge backfire. Then the other day it was having issues starting off the trailer. After draining battery and pulling on it for about 10 mins, I stopped to get a drink. A few minutes later I went to turn the key on and when I did it backfired again without touching the starter. Seems like this is one of those issues where symptoms only occur while ridding even though everything tests out okay. Anyone had a similar issue or think of what may cause it? I'm leaning towards the igniter as it's the only thing I can think of that might hold a charge and release it causing it to backfire like it has a few times.

Rory

1 - 1 of 1 Posts