Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 18 Pro-FXT EPS LE, and I'm wondering if anyone has replaced all the factory headlight assemblies with flush mount Baja Designs xl-r 80 or xl-r pro lighting assemblies or maybe the lp4's along with trim piece fillers as the factory headlights suck to begin with. Looking at the basic dimensions it looks like it may be possible to do this with a little bit of fab work. Any thoughts on this or has anyone tried this yet and succeeded?

· Registered
78 Posts
I just replaced the bulbs with the LED plug-n-play types, made a massive difference in the light output. Then got bored and added some round LED's that i spliced into the high beams. A lot of light when on high beams now, with my front light bar i can almost make it daylight.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just replaced the bulbs with the LED plug-n-play types, made a massive difference in the light output. Then got bored and added some round LED's that i spliced into the high beams. A lot of light when on high beams now, with my front light bar i can almost make it daylight.
I did the LED bulb replacement they just don't throw the light far enough when driving in the mountains.

· Registered
78 Posts
I guess I don't understand that - light is light, doesn't matter what source it is coming from on the buggy. Unless there are local regs on light bars or something in your area. But you know your world best, so rock and roll. Be sure to post up with pictures if you make the change.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will, its more a issue of bars are clearly listed for offroad use only and everyone knows it. If the lights are in the factory locations its not as apparent you are using off road only lighting on the roads and most would just assume its bright LED lighting from the factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts