Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was having problems getting my headlight to retract and to come up completely. Also the button seemed to be recessed into the body work. I pulled the front cover off today and unbolted the headlight assembly to see whats what. I noticed the button is on a shaft which is spring loaded, It appears that the spring has slipped the C-clip retainer and made its way into the housing. I believe I could alleviate the problem if I could get the rubber button off to put a new spring on the shaft and a new retainer. I attached some pics to show whats going on.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I am not sure how to go about fixin that, I have never ran a headlight in my tecate, back when I rode at night I preferred my 3 wheeler.

I am sure rockhound would have a replacement assy, try to be patient help will come.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try prying the button off evenly with a flat bar nail puller. Those plastic pieces are commonly splined inside similar to a shift rod and are tapped on to that shaft. Very possible that it will break though especially if the plastic is really cold. If it comes off you can probably use a washer to hold the spring in place then re install the eclip. I also have a used assembly for sale if it explodes into pieces.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try prying the button off evenly with a flat bar nail puller. I also have a used assembly for sale if it explodes into pieces.
I'll give this a try and let you know if it works out. PM me a price on the assembly.

i have some assemblies, no fix though, sorry
PM me a price on the unit please

Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts