Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone makes aftermarket light bulbs for the P700??
Who makes decent HID's for this thing??

It would be nice if someone made just some brighter bulbs.

Lance

·
Registered
787 Posts
They are a standard 9003/H4 automotive bulb. They sell these in HID kits as well. The only thing that is different are the three little tabs on the auto bulbs. You can clip them off easily.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Will the automotive bulbs melt your headlight harness?

·
Registered
66 Posts
They are a standard 9003/H4 automotive bulb. They sell these in HID kits as well. The only thing that is different are the three little tabs on the auto bulbs. You can clip them off easily.

Where did you get your 9003 bulbs and what brand are they? I bought some of the cheap Slyvania one for $10 and they were smaller than stock bulbs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What brand of light is it? and can it be got at somewhere like advance auto or pep boys?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I guess nobody know about the 9003 lights? I was able to find the wagner 6260A lights on Amazon.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soo... will 9003's fit into the headlight or is there something else that i would have to do to get them to fit?

Lance

·
Registered
66 Posts
soo... will 9003's fit into the headlight or is there something else that i would have to do to get them to fit?

Lance

9003 lights did not work for me (see pic posted earlier) the 9003 light is slightly smaller than the hole in the back of the headlight. Once I clipped the tabs off the light would have been able to fall in. I ordered the Wagner lights, I'll see how those work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah the solution is to get you some teryx head light housings and a hid kit for them. They take the H4 hid kit, and the teryx housing is the same size and shape as the prairie's and brute sra's. This is what I did to put hids on mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah the solution is to get you some teryx head light housings and a hid kit for them. They take the H4 hid kit, and the teryx housing is the same size and shape as the prairie's and brute sra's. This is what I did to put hids on mine.
OOH can I get some more details on this please? Pix if possible?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well the Teryx headlight housing is exactly the same as the Brute sra housing. The only difference is the Teryx housing use an H4 bulb. Since it uses the H4 bulb already, you don't have to mod anything. No cutting off the 3 tangs or anything. Fits in there perfect. The housing itself also mounts to the bike the same for both. So they are interchangable. So if you use the teryx headlight housing, all you would need is any H4 hid kit. I'm pretty sure the Prairies use the same housing as well. Iv'e never took any pics of it but I can. It's all installed already though, not much to see.

·
Registered
101 Posts
napa will have or can get the 6260sa bulbs

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah I used that napa bulb and was not pleased with them. I had one in the left side and a stock one in the right and there was a niceable difference. The stock one seemed brighter to me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So what teryx housing exactly Got a the prairie 700

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Or... just add an LED light bar. Mine is mounted under the front rack and is a 19" 54w spot/flood combo.

uploadfromtaptalk1449590812203.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts