Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you folks are using to keep you hands warm in the colder climate's. I have seen the replacement grips and the grids that go under the factory rubber grips. Which one is better? I also need to add a thumb warmer as well.
One question I have is where I can get the 12 v power to operate these? I would like it keyed so I don't leave it one while the bike is not in use. I read on here about a plug at the rear of the bike, can you power both from that source and is it key operated?
The bike is an '09 650 i BF.

·
Registered
7 Posts
heated grips

I grabbed a set of Moose heated grips with the thumb warmer off of evil bay for $60 bucks. I got the power from the power outlet which is right next to the bars worked great. The power outlet works off of the key switch so you don't have to worry about leaving them on. I also have a 09 650I.
Hope this helps Jason

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also have the Moose brand that have the complete grips with the controller that has 2 extra outlets and ran it from the 12v acc socket up front. I think my jacket and pants on high pull about 125 watts alone without the grips and thumb warmer. When I turn everything to the highest setting it blew the factory 10 amp fuse so I threw in a 15 and everything will work on the highest setting if needed. I will say the grips get too hot on setting 4 and 5 to hold bare handed, perfect with gloves!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts