Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEET Gas antifreeze

I put this stuff in my sleds all the time, was wondering if I should put it in my quad too this winter? No harm, you guys use it?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I run it drag racing with stock compression alcohol burns slower and makes cylinder pressure it proved 3/10ths on a clock time after time. good stuff they seem to like it.jh

·
Registered
52 Posts
I Run IT

Yeah I run the yellow bottle. I was under the impression the red was geared more towards two strokes or oil injection machines. Just what I heard and I never asked why.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Red and Yellow

The yellow bottle is primarily methanol and used for 4 cycle gasoline engines only. The red is basically isopropyl alchohol and can be used in any type of internal combustion engine like 2 stroke, diesel, and 4 cycle. They both do the same thing although the red bottle (iso-heet) helps clean the carb or injectors. Living up in northern Wisconsin I have cases of this stuff all winter long. I plow with my Brute all winter and use it and treat all vehicles before freeze and all winter long. I run it in just about everything because if their is any moisture or water in any fuel then I can count on having a frozen fuel line or I mostly run into fuel filters full of ice. The weather is already miserable here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts