Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note. I own a 2006 KFX 700. Full dual HMF, K&N, front end lowering, Road Magnet springs, EPI Pink primary, maier plastics, rear wheels widened.
As the FNG, I have a question for all you more experienced folks. I just purchased a Dynatek CDI, got it installed, started right up, bike seemed to run great! Went riding this weekend, rode for maybe 30 mins or so just to get a feel. All seemed fine. Got back to camp, and installed my Procom Rectifier to see what difference that may make. I took off riding again after this install, ran hard for another 30-45 mins or so. Everything seemed outstanding! I shut down out in the dunes for about 5 mins, fired the bike up, threw it in gear an took off.......I got about 5 feet, and the motor shut down. I tried to restart and although it would turn over, no start. I suddenly smelled electrical, so off with the ignition. Turns out my new CDI was melting on the box just above the smaller of the two connections. No damage to the harness, or connector on the harness, just the CDI. I inspected everything I could think of, and put the stock CDI and stock rectifier back on and all was fine. PLEASE Help! Any ideas on what happened? :confused:I can only think of 3. Bad CDI? Dynatek CDI and Procom recifier not compatible? (I did ask this question prior to purchasing, and was told they were) Or, bad recifier. In which, I don't know if that would cause this trouble or not.

BTW, sorry in advance for the incredible length of this post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts