Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im james from colorado springs, i have a bayou 220.
i bought it not running the last owner tore it up real good. they somehow shorted out the electrical system and burned up the cdi box. after getting everything else working properly i started searchung for a cdi box with no luck except for buying a new one at about $300 from the dealer. after some searching i found a site that showed how to use a GM HEI module in place of the oem cdi box. after some deliberating i decited to give it a shot just to see if it would work. well turns out it did work and work well. after some carb cleaning and adjusting it now runs. im a gm guy and have a few modules laying around so it was a no cost install. here is the site i foung the info on if anyone wants to try it them selves. http://webpages.charter.net/n8nxf/HEI-CX650C.pdf

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome,
Beautiful country you live in out there. I've been there once but it was about 25 years ago. I probably wouldn't recognize it anymore. Are you allowed to ride thur the "Garden of the Gods" by any chance ??? That is one of the most unique places I've ever seen. I didn't get to get out and explore but I always wanted to go back. Someday !!! Well, enjoy "KR" it's a cool site. You can learn alot and spend even more !!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome. Beautiful area to ride in out there. I get out your way periodically but not with my ride unfortunetly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts