Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a big loss here my uncle was plowing the driveway with our 2006 kawasaki 650 and the low oil light started flashing and the quad shut off he is not mechanically inclined or know much about engines and he went ahead to add oil on and incline and over filled it and locked it up/hydro locked it with oil so that being said I tore the carbs Down cleaned them new plugs and cleared the cylinders out best I could without tearing the engine down as my family's pretty much snowed in and I wanna be quick about this I have the quad running and will idle for 30 seconds with choke on and stall won't idle but will run if I give it throttle also will not go wide open it's not smoking anymore and I am on a second set of plugs also started to backfire through carbs and exhaust this all my be confusing as I have ADHD and just rambled on for 15 minutes but idk where else to go I'm the only one in the family that knows a little bit about this stuff and right now at a loss thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes oil is good my needle on one of my carbs was messed up it runs mint now adjusted the throttle cable and it idles now I guess the needle was not allowing sufficient fuel but it's not backfireing now I plowed for 10 minutes started smoking now my oil light is on and smoking still no knocks or tics that weren't there before just smoking and low oil pressure light? According to the Manual right? Bad rings? Should I test compression

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
It all depends on if the quad had no oil or very little oil, when she shut down in the first place. If it had very little or no oil while running, bad things can happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts