Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2009 750 brute force lost spark and i'm lost at what to do next. Ive check the crank sensor key, that seemed fine i checked to ensure i was getting 12v to the yellow and red wire on my coil. chased the wires up to the harness and i seem to be getting power from my crank sensor to my cdi but im not getting a pulse at the white and green wire at the coil like i should. I assumed it was a cdi/ecm issue so i tried one of my buddies but still no luck. not sure what to do next or where to look. Problem started when my bike seemed to hit some sort of rev limiter earlier than normal in the woods it would hit earlier and earlier until eventually the bike would stall but it would start back up after a few minutes, eventually i got fed up and got a tow home where i changed the fuel filter then when i tried to start it it had no spark.
Hope somebody can help,
Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
That's a tough one; you'll need a manual.
Do you know for sure that it had fire right before you changed the filter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no im not 100% sure but it would start up after a few seconds again in the woods until i pulled it out, i found a 2008 wiring diagram but a few of the wires on the coil are different colours, i changed the rollover switch and that didn't change anything. I also tried chasing the wires off up using a multi meter, the white and green wire goes strait to the coil and ive determined that but the yellow and red goes in to the kill switch and then comes out of the kill switch as a yellow and green but i cant seem to find that wire on the plugs going in and out of the controls on that side of the handle bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts