Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1995 Kawasaki KLF300C 4x4 which is going through plugs like mad, i can probably start is 9 times before the spark goes orange and weak and won't start, put a new plug in it and fires straight up. Any ideas where my problem lies?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
277 Posts
Could it be too rich? Or too lean?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She is running rich as she is blackening the plugs, but the carb is correctly jetted, brand new air filter and new spring in the carb, there is no adjustment on the carb which is annoying! Any ideas how to make her leaner?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If your fuel cutoff valve is working just don't turn it all the way on. This will slow the flow of fuel coming in. Or you have to decrease jet size, or increase air flow in. Is the filter a high flow? Is there anything blocking the holes in the breather box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fuel tap does work but I've tried limiting the fuel and it hasn't made a difference. It's had a new Kawasaki air filter element with spark arrestor in it about 2 hours ago, I will check the air box openings but I'm sure they are ok, it's got a 125 and 38 jet in it, what would be the jets to buy to make it leaner?

I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
That I don't know. I've never changed my jets. Have you tried cleaning the carb? Maybe it's just not getting fuel at all. Cleaning these carbs is very simple.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The only think I'd know to do is go down a jet size until it runs right. I think it would be a #37 cause a #38 is stock

·
Super Moderator
12,637 Posts
Is there a chance that the needle is too high, or hung up? The main jet only feeds the engine at 3/4 throttle and up, the needle handles the mid-range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts