Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how you guys are keeping the rear brake lever/cable on the handle bars from freezing? I never ever had this problem now all of a sudden I can't keep it from being froze. Can I spray something down the cable and what. Actually I don't even think I can get to the cableto get anything down the cable.

Thank you
Skip

·
Registered
75 Posts
good question. mine froze up too and its annoying. i ended up backing off the wing nut down at the rear end. now that lever doesnt work but the foot brake still does. guess its a minor problem but annoying none-the-less.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
dis connect it make a funnel around it with duct tape and spray lube in it. let it sit and eventuley it will go all the way through. works great and i do this every winter.LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just replaced mine because of that problem. i lubed it all the time and it would still freeze the best results i got were to actually grease the cable before i put it in. the cable that runs inside the main cable has a plastic coating on it. I took the whole cable out of the casing and rubbed the crap out of it with axle grease and put it back in the main cable protector. work great its a little more work cause you have to take the complete assembly apart but it will never freeze the grease pushes the water out. you can aslo buy cable lubers that clip on to the end of the cable and spray lube into the cable. i have one of these also but the grease works better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts