Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2000 mojave 250 about 2 months ago. When i got it i found that i could start the quad and that it would idle but when i gave it throttle it wouldnt rev past 1/4 throttle and when i give it full throttle it will go back down to an idle. So i changed the oil "knowing that would help the issue but was needed". i also rebuilt the bottom end of the carb, replaced the diaphragm on the top of the carb, replaced the spark plug and cleaned and re oiled the air filter. the adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb is set to 2.5 turns out. After all of that it is still acting the exact same. What should i do?

·
Registered
2002 Mojave 250
12 Posts
Sounds like a carb issue still. Assume you cleaned and blew out the passages with compressed air? Certain the main jet is not swapped with the air jet? Air jet is around 55 main 135 size. can you see the needle rise with intake off? Is the fuel float set right, not too low? fuel adjust screw initial is 1.75 turns I believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes when I took the carb a part I sprayed carb cleaner thru every hole and there were no blockages. I will have to check to make sure if the jets are in the right spot and check if the needle is moving. Thanks. Also the hose at the top of the carb does that go to anything or do you h
Just run it too the ground?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts