Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this may he a stupid question but I was out on the weekend on my 09 brute 650i and was goin through about a 6inch deep water hole or puddle if you may, and someday somehow she sucked in water. Almost instantly it stopped. Tried to start it back up and nothing you can hear the starter solenoid click but nothing. Tried to pull start again won't even turn over. I believe it's seized checked the oil and it has def been mixed with water, now my question is where do I go from here I just got the machine brand new in may warranty expires in 2015, but I know my dealer will tell me I sunk it. I have been through FAR deeper water with no issue in the past. I def do not have it in my budget for a rebuilt, is there anyway I could get rid of all water evidence and somehow get warranty or is it just in a water lock guys help me out here this quad is my only pride and joy. Thanks to anyone who can give me some words of advice!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
water

Do a google search on sunk quads,or se3arch the topic on here.There are tons of threads on how to clean her up - multiple oil changes - Also doe a search onhow to snorkle the Brute and dieelectric grease all electrical connectors including your spark plugs.

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Seen this many times.... That airbox seal is junk.

Follow the MIMB tips, should get ya going, but you will need to do it soon.

Was this clear water? Muddy? Creek water with sand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts