Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a klf300a and i tested the igntion coil. The cdi. The pulser coil. The stator and still no spark. Spark plug is from a known running bike and the ignition coil is brand new and so is the cdi im stumped and pumped for the snow. Any help is apreciated

·
Super Moderator
12,619 Posts
You need to get the service manual (with electrical circuits) and go through the electrical troubleshooting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to a guy today and he said to check all my grounds. He said he had a car that wasnt getting spark and he went through and checked all the grounds and got spark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anybody on here that can help get me the service manual or send me the proper wiring diagram. Its an 86 i think. The only numbers i have found are the klf300a there is no year on it at all. It has a single plug cdi all the ones i have found have the two plug cdi

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm gonna be a smart ass and ask if you've checked the handlebar kill switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes lol i might be stupid but not that stupid ive been dicking with this bike for about two months now. Had it running twice but never fails it shits out again

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yes lol i might be stupid but not that stupid ive been dicking with this bike for about two months now. Had it running twice but never fails it shits out again
Happened to me once. A bud rode it and switched the key and slid the kill switch over. I NEVER use the kill, so when I got on it and it wouldn't turn, I almost had a panic attack.

There's a glass fuse under the seat. Maybe it's faulty. My neighbors 300 gave us trouble once with that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somebody said to check the output on the stator would that affect the ignition? I thought that it just charged the battery

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I think the stator is what actually shoots the juice to everything. You only really need a battery for starting.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Most stators on these machines provide pulse for the ignition as well as charging the battery. I'm not familiar with your particular machine. You would need to get a service manual to verify this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stator just supplys charge for the battery you dont need the stator for the bike to run for a moment if you want to drain the battery it does not supply spark for the motor. Im going to do a full wire check on the quad to see if there is a bad ground somewhere

·
Registered
345 Posts
The stator just supplys charge for the battery you dont need the stator for the bike to run for a moment if you want to drain the battery it does not supply spark for the motor. Im going to do a full wire check on the quad to see if there is a bad ground somewhere
Is the pickup separate from the stator? I've only had a few :huh:Honda's:eek: down that far and the pickup was on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I fixed the no spark issue now i have to wait til friday to get oil and gas and a new gas line. Then i will see if i fixed the shutting off when it gets warm problem. Is the resistance on the pickup coil supposed to change when it gets hot. And if so how far is it supposed to go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fixed the no spark issue now i have to wait til friday to get oil and gas and a new gas line. Then i will see if i fixed the shutting off when it gets warm problem. Is the resistance on the pickup coil supposed to change when it gets hot. And if so how far is it supposed to go?
What was the no spark cause?

·
Super Moderator
12,619 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,619 Posts
The Kawirider99 has not been online for 3 years. You can continue to wait for him to come back if you wish, or you can start a new thread with what your quad's symptoms are.
Forget I responded.

Reactions: mastrblastr
1 - 19 of 19 Posts