Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I have a 2006 kawasaki bruteforce 650 that over heats alot. today it overheated and the overflow tube was spewing out water. the coolant tank makes this really loud noise whenever it overheats. the cap on the radiator is full and we fill up the coolant tank about twice a day but it drains really fast. the fan will turn on when im riding but turnoff when it overheats. some people belive the reason it overheats is because i have HUGE swamplite tires and an aftermarket muffler. the radiator stays clean but it still over heats about every 2 miles i drive.
Please Help!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Did you actually FIND the leak??

·
Registered
209 Posts
your fan should be staying on longer but it sounds like you need to find out where your leak is coming from exactly then go from there

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
I think you are referring to the exhaust pipe rather than the muffler (the big part at the back).
I would guess that it's coolant leaking onto the exhaust pipe, and it's overheating because you have run it dry.
Where did you check the coolant level? At the overflow tank (plastic tank at the side of ATV), or at the filler cap (near the front of the ATV)? If you checked at the overflow tank, you're cooling system could be empty.
Hopefully it hasn't caused any damage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have checked both and their full but it still is overheating.
Would you think it would be my oversized tires or the aftermarket muffler putting strain on it. (its a bruteforce vtwin 650)
my fan seems to come on when i dont need it but when its overheating it trys to turn on but just doesent it will try to turn on about 4 times before stoping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the leak was the overflow tube and the fan will come on when im riding but stop when it over heats. then it will try to turn back on but fail about 4 times before stoping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
brute 650sra problems

hello to all i just purchased my first brute. the crank was bad when i bought it so i bought a crank rods and pistons for a brute 750 we reassembled it with a few mods to the cases we stayed with the 650 heads and cams we used stock jetting for the 750s i dont have any mods done yet all stock replacement stuff. well today i rode it for awhile and it seems like it doesnt have the power that a brute force should have it will not wheelie on take off if u nail it. it idles and runs good but no power what so ever i topped it out at 51mph oh a slight downhill im pulling my hair out over this thing please help willing to try anything
thanks mario

·
Registered
13 Posts
05 brute 650sra problems

Hello to all im new to the 4x4 thing i have some problems/questions to ask. i bought a 05 brute 650sra with a blown engine i purchased a brute 750 crank/rods/pistons/jugs we assembled the engine staying with the 650 heads and cams its all stock execpt for the mild port job that i had done. we also stayed with the stock jetting for the 750 just to be a starting point well today i rode it for the first time and it does not have the power that a 750 should have. it will not wheelie if u hammer down on it and it tops out at 50mph it starts up and idles great
so any help/sugestions would be very helpful.
thanks mario

·
Registered
12,471 Posts
Hello to all im new to the 4x4 thing i have some problems/questions to ask. i bought a 05 brute 650sra with a blown engine i purchased a brute 750 crank/rods/pistons/jugs we assembled the engine staying with the 650 heads and cams its all stock execpt for the mild port job that i had done. we also stayed with the stock jetting for the 750 just to be a starting point well today i rode it for the first time and it does not have the power that a 750 should have. it will not wheelie if u hammer down on it and it tops out at 50mph it starts up and idles great
so any help/sugestions would be very helpful.

The jetting could be wrong, or the cam timing could be out 180 degrees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts