Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
hope the crank isnt on the way out...any noise on the bottom end?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No noises. It acts perfectly normal until I get under a heavy load, or at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Could it be your belt or the clutch some how?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it really seems to be related to the efi or ignition system. There's a point in the throttle where I can back off the throttle a millimeter and it will run ok, then push down that millimeter and its running like crap. I've bypassed the PCIII there was no difference. New plugs, clean oil, clean airfilter.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just pulled the cvt cover off, everything looks fine. Pulled the airbox off and visually checked everything, all looks ok. Pulled the valve cover off the intake side of the rear cylinder, they seem to have about the proper clearance by feel. I wish I had an efi light or something. I guess next is checking each sensor individually.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just realized when I turn the key on, the EFI light comes on, then blinks once and goes out.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah they all blink once then go out. try blowing the clutch out? they may look clean untill you take an air compressor to them. also is it the orginal belt? is the belt within service limits. and adjusted correctly.. maybe try fuel injector cleaner. just throwing ideas out there

·
Registered
52 Posts
Test battery

I had the same issue, disconnected my power programmer, cleaned air filter, cleaned carbs and filter and still plenty of low end and then it would start breaking up. Happened to me every time I got on the trail. So I moved to the electrical side all checked good and then it just dawned on me to check the battery. Replaced it and all was normal. Stupid me but last thing I checked. Mine is an 07 with 1500 miles on it. Good luck

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I fixed it, turns out My seat wasnt latched all the way.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
:lol: It fixed this one "Im getting alot of intake noise (a growl) through the airbox"
The other symptoms may of been self made because of the noise.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ask the guy that cleaned the carbs after unplugging the power commander

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It seriously has a power problem, ill try to make a vid.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
air intake temp sensor. disconnect it. see if that helps. that gives the ecm a -40 degree reading

I tinkered with these EFI crap all week. I found out some things that can bypass the computer and fool the sensors by just doing some vacuum line tricks.

John

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes most sensors just read a 0-5 volt reading. Im pretty good with efi except usually I can hook a scan tool up. I will try the trick. I got the factory service manual, ill check out more on friday.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
What about the fuel Pump?
Some others w/FI have had bad fuel pumps with the same complaints you are having.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I don't recall how they found the problem with the Fuel Pumps.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts