Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed some new 12v led lights. When I first started the quad the lights turned on and worked until I put it into gear and started driving. Now the lights won't turn in any more. I put a normal florescent light and it works fine. I had my choke in and the bike was reving super high so I think that's why the lights only worked then. I read that the regulator makes the power from the stator a constant 12v but that doesn't seem to be true. Is there any way to make the power constant so the led will work or would I have to upgrade my entire stator?

·
Registered
264 Posts
You sure their polarity correct? LED need to be wired on way polarity wise. Otherwise it make little sence they down work. 12V is 12V. If you not gettinh somewhere around 13.8 volts running across the battery terminals then your charging system is compromised somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure their polarity correct? LED need to be wired on way polarity wise. Otherwise it make little sence they down work. 12V is 12V. If you not gettinh somewhere around 13.8 volts running across the battery terminals then your charging system is compromised somewhere.
The mojave doesn't have a battery it's all powered by the stator. Im thinking maybe it doesn't get enough power

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well then. Sounds like doing whats required to make a non street legal dirt bike, street legal. That being installing a battery into the system and a switch. It was or is required so the tail light will remain on for 20 mins when its not running but the key of switch is on. I did a TT 600 about 20 years ago from scratch and cant recall the specifics, but you might call somebody like Baja Designs and explain the delima and see if they can offer any insight. Sorry i cant be more help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts