Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just looking at the hids the kit i need is $109.99 i figure you cant put a price on seeing:D, but in the pic of the kit it has all types of wires and boxes that must be mounted on the bike? i seen like 4 boxes and like 25 wires, does all this need to go on the bike somehwere? thanks!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Got pictures?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
247 Posts
It is not a plug and play kit you must modify the sockets and wiring , I e-mailed them about their false advertisment that they have "OEMsockets"and are p&p. They acknowledge that it is not an oem replacment but are refusing to remove the false advert.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well whats the fastest, easiest, money friendly way to get 10000K HID lights?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Call better business bueru for selling something that isn't what it is. If they also know that its even worse yet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
you do know the higher the number K the less light that it puts out right. also any H3 kit will work you just have to mod the factory bulb base. i would check DealTime321 on Ebay every kit Ive bought from him works great and hasn't had any problems

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i do know the high the k the less light but if you think about it even if i get 10000K thats almost 2 1/2x the light stock produces, and the blue tint is pretty sweet!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are the tints and 3000k its around 4x brighter than stock, all the way up to 12000k which is about 2x brighter than stock, all will blow stock out of the water

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
more of a yellow...yellow-green in my words

·
Registered
259 Posts
ok yea some people think the higher the better lol but i my self run 6k in all my vehicles and 8k in the wheelers. the 6k are white/slight blue and the 8k are blue i thought the 10k were blue/purple could be wrong though

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's the kit Ive been looking at. Can anyone tell me if this is what im looking for. I was thinking of going with the 8K for brighter than stock lighting and a nice bluish tint. It sounds like I need to go with the H3 bulb for easiest conversion?
Also... The Kit says that it only draws 35 watts, does this mean that I can add this system with out adding any additional relays? I would like to power the power Ballast from the existing wiring harness, to help keep things as close to stock as possable and help eliminate problems in the future.

Xenon HID Conversion Kit H1/H3/H4/H7/9004/9006/9007/893 - eBay (item 320465677774 end time Jan-20-10 16:25:30 PST)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im almost sure, not positive that you MUST use a new wiring harness because these hids come with a little box i forgot the name of them but they control them...im almost positive you must run a new harness....correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's the kit Ive been looking at. Can anyone tell me if this is what im looking for. I was thinking of going with the 8K for brighter than stock lighting and a nice bluish tint. It sounds like I need to go with the H3 bulb for easiest conversion?
Also... The Kit says that it only draws 35 watts, does this mean that I can add this system with out adding any additional relays? I would like to power the power Ballast from the existing wiring harness, to help keep things as close to stock as possable and help eliminate problems in the future.

Xenon HID Conversion Kit H1/H3/H4/H7/9004/9006/9007/893 - eBay (item 320465677774 end time Jan-20-10 16:25:30 PST)

Thanks for the help!
Thats the ones. And at $43 looks like a good deal too! They do have brighter ones, rated at 50-55watts. Those are very bright also. Likely for $5 to $10 more you can get the higher power ones. Either way you will love them!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have heard that you need to get the slim ballasts.. The kit you're looking at is not them.. I'm looking for a set myself.. And you will still need to waterproof them when you get them better than what they are, with permatex or something.. And also put a bigger fuse in.. I have picked up on this on some other forums..Just a couple things that might help....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Slim ballast isnt necessary and they are made to install behind your car lights so they are made waterproof also. the last set I had lasted 3 years with no problems and the new brute got a set before it got dirty for the first time. I advise a relay but dont think it is a must.

I have heard that you need to get the slim ballasts.. The kit you're looking at is not them.. I'm looking for a set myself.. And you will still need to waterproof them when you get them, with permatex or something.. And also put a bigger fuse in.. I have picked up on this on some other forums..Just a couple things that might help....

·
Registered
259 Posts
nope no need for a relay but it would be best to have one. i wired them from the factory wires so it was very easy to do

1 - 20 of 22 Posts