Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the thread here and to Kawasaki’s. Just picked up a used 08 bf sra. Noticed this thing is running super hot. Even at idle for about 10 minutes, the fan will turn on and the temp will get up to about 208°. I don’t find this normal in my opinion. Guy said he replaced thermostat and radiator cap. I am now draining the coolant and putting in Amsoil with some Amsoil coolant blast to help lower the temps. Radiator is super clean front and back. Any idea what is going on here or is this all normal?

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Believe it or not, that's about normal. Fan comes on between 205 and 212 then cools down and shuts off between 203 and 196. A service manual will confirm this. Here...straight out of your 650's service manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! The new coolant and adding the coolant booster seemed to help too. Just seemed high in my own opinion but now I got the facts straight from the manual gives me more piece of mind. Didn’t want it to overheat on my elk hunt (reason I bought the thing in the first place lol).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts