Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Prairie 650 with a Dyna CDI. I was out riding and the bike would starting missing, cutting out, and eventually go to one cylinder. I can swap back to the stock unit and ride the rest of the day with no problems.

The strange part is a couple days later I was planning to throw away the dyna, but I plugged it in just for the hell of it and it worked fine again. It worked for a couple days then started acting up and eventually dropped to one cylinder. As soon as I put the stock unit back in all is well again.

What would cause it to work when it feels like it? I never know when it's going to fail that day. It isn't during any certain times, speeds, weather, or events. totally random.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
sounds like a bad connection ,causeing high resistance an heating up , when you change the units it gets proper connection an works fine , but it does sound like the dyna may have a problem ,i would clean the connection with contact cleaner , an put a small amount of dielectric grease on it an try 1 more time , if it fails agian send it back to dyna for repair ,i have had to do this with some drag bike equipment , some times they just sent new componet back ,some were repaired ,either way cost was only shipping

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my normal luck. I will give them a call and see if I can pay for repairs since it's out of waranty.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts