Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am buying HEATHEN's Muzzy exhaust so my HMF duals are up for sale as soon as I get the Muzzy and get it installed. That should be within 2 weeks or less.

The muffler cans are brushed aluminum with no dents and the exhaust system is in very good condition for a used exhaust. The pipes are discolored but they all do that. I made the mistake of spending about 2 hours with steel wool and WD-40 cleaning them when I first got them and within 2 rides they had discolored again.

I have the spark arrestors installed and also have the quiet cores for them (the ones that have the built-in spark arrestors). Also, it has a modified stock heat shield on the front pipe that will be included.

$325 plus shipping

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Damn man that thing is clean. Did you paint the swinger and engine or is it just that clean? sorry to interrupt your thread but never the less you got a free bump :D

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I like to keep things clean. But... I went riding yesterday and decided to take my orange one because I didn't want to get my clean motor all trashed with mud. I never really intended on having a trailer queen but I really want to keep it clean at least until after opening weekend at the dunes (1st weekend in April). :lol:

The swinger was wire-brushed. The motor was painted with aluminum engine paint and then with clear coat. The photos that you see with the plastics off are just after I put the motor back in the frame.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what aluminum engine paint and clear coat did you go with/use?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Duplicolor 500-degree stuff.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Bumpity bump bump bump he is a straight up guy to deal with!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks wayne!

Bump!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why you switching?
I am new to v-forces

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't really want to run the quiet cores with my new 730cc motor but without them they are fairly loud. The sound level jumped considerably once I did the motor build. It is a lot louder now without the quiet cores than it was when I had a stock motor. I ride at the dunes here a lot in the summer and I think i would get hassled about the sound a lot now so I am changing to a Muzzy. They do sound periodic sound tests at the entrance to the dunes and there is no way I would pass now without the quiet cores installed.

I really like the HMF's and will miss the look of dual exhaust a lot but it was time for something different. If I had stayed with my stock motor I probably would have kept the HMF's. The do have a head-turning, bad-ass sound. :D

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on guys... this is a FOR SALE thread! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
I was just bumping your thread :lol:

I dont have quiet cores. I dont have sparkys yet either now that I think about it.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do I need to bring my stock exhaust for you? :lol:

Thanks for the bump.

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
Bump :lol:

I have a stock exhaust too. Not sure where it is but I know I have one. I have LTE's now. Need to have o2 bungs welded it still also. Damn I have alot of stuff to do still :p

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Doesn't anybody want a nice dual exhaust system? :confused:

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Ebay them..

I have always had hard luck selling exhaust on here.

But on ebay I got pretty good loot for em.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Yep I sold my Muzzy pro on ebay and got more then I paid for it. Can't beat that. HMF duals will sale like hot cakes on ebay.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright, I might give that a try. Seems like when someone is looking for an exhaust, there's no used ones around but then you try to sell one and nobody wants it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts