Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed a Muzzy pro on my 05 brute 750 and have not had good results. every connection leaked including the headers right back to the connection to the can and even the can leaked from the back where the bolts go around the can. no matter what way i tried it every angle every thing i could think of it still leaked everywhere and the front headpipe touches the frame and the pipe that runs along the left leg are from the front header no matter what i try always touches the side of the valve cover causing it to melt. my question is will i have this same problem with a HMF full system. Are they the same design as Muzzy what are the connections like? Ive pretty much had it with this Muzzy and will be sending it back. hopefully getting my money back.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
i remember some members on here having problems with the muzzys years ago.i have had a hmf duel exhaust on my kfx 700 for a few years and never had any problems whatsoever.they are nice pipes.don't think you will make as much power but doesn't really matter if the muzzy isn't working out for ya

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the power thing dosnt concern me anymore. the whole reason i got the muzzy was for the performance part of it. but with everything leaking so much it runs like a bag of crap id rather have an exhaust with a little less power and have the bike run properly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have Muzzy's on everything I ride and never had a second trouble out of any of them. Fit finish and performance is first class. I would call them before I changed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bricklayer...It's unfortunate that you're having issues with your Muzzy. I installed my Muzzy last spring and have to say that the fit was perfect, no issues at all.
As mentioned by ncrider, I would contact Muzzy and ask to have it replaced as there is obviously something wrong with the one you received.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called them and they want me to send it to them for inspection. gonna cost me over $100 to ship it to them though, and its not even guaranteed they are gonna replace it.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I have had this same issue with all but my std Muzzy on my 750. My Muzzy pro on my kfx was a s.o.b to install and it would leak just like your saying so I sold that m-fer cause Muzzy didn't want to help me. There customer service flat out sux!. I now have a Muzzy SP and it was alot easier to install but it to still leaks from where the front and rear pipes go into the canister. My std muzzy on my 665 was the exact same thing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats the diffrence between the std muzzy and the pro pipe design. all ive ever seen is the pro pipe. are the pipes bigger on the pro?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what didnt you like about the HMF. why you sell it?

. Im currently boxing up my muzzy as we speak gonna ship 'er out tommorow back to muzzy. another 100 bucks down the tube. hopefully they replace it...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We are Muzzy's largest UTV exhaust dealer and we simply rarely have issues and they will fix whatever comes along.

I run them on my race rhino and our Teryx with zero issues

Call Muzzy and ask for Murray.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
whats the diffrence between the std muzzy and the pro pipe design
Pro has bigger head pipes and a different canister then the std muzzy.

I had the full HMF on my 665 before the Muzzy and never had one issue out of it. Grate exhaust if you don't care about power.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is there any kind of sealent you can use to get a better seal on the pipes. the regular copper high temp gasket sealer just burns off it seems even after letting it dry for days. im gonna try to post some pics to show you guys my problems probley a little easier then explaining it and you can tell me what you think.

·
Registered
243 Posts
did you use the VW beetle gaskets on the heads?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just installed my Muzzy pro the other week and it touches the head just like yours and it leaks right where the front pipe connects to the extension pipe. Pisses me off but have not had time to really try and adjust it to much to see if I can get it to work

·
Registered
402 Posts
muzzy all the way !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
shipping it back to Muzzy today to see what they say about it.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Yea I'm interested in what they tell you as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts