Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
...And you need to open up your intake, or there would be no reason to put the pipes on.:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so like the 12 hole mod ? seached it but could not find it
and as far a rejeting if how hard is that i just thought of it because my dad had to have the carb jetted on his harley when he got drag pipes
is jetting something i can do ?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
i had hmf duels on my v.my elevation here in mass is 150ft and i was jetted at 182f 185r.i also had the twelve hole mod.if you buy the exhaust from hmf it will come with the proper jetting,or at least mine did.as far as jetting the carbs if you can turn a screwdriver you should be able to handle it.drop the bowls and the jets are right there.just be careful because the original carb bowl screws are made of butter,just make sure the screwdriver has plenty of pressure when your turning them.you don't want to strip them out..matt....so easy a caveman could do it:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
HMF recommends jetting at 145f/148r on a stock bike at lower elevations. IF you go to 700v.com there is a step-by-step for changing your main jets. As kfxmatt said just be careful with the screws that hold the bowls on the carbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have HMF Duels and have not jetted yet, what should i be running for jets, that is the only mod i have done. Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have HMF Duels and have not jetted yet, what should i be running for jets, that is the only mod i have done. Thanks
See posts #5 or #6 above

1 - 8 of 8 Posts