Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride and 09 450R. It has a safety mechanism in the efi that prevents you from starting with the gas on and also from hitting the gas too quick once the engine has started. How do I fix this issue? Getting the holeshot is nearly impossible.. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No,, it wont start with the throttle open,,, and also, if you give it full throttle too quick (like when you think its running good) it will kill it... the manual says this is a safety feature but I hope to find some way around it???

·
Registered
46 Posts
well if your up against honda 450r the kickstart model they cant start with the gas wide open either something about the compression from doing that will mess up your motor i dont kno if its same with kickstart on yams but thats how it is on honda so you should be able to pull away from them. the reason i think it wont start full on is all because the efi there might not be a way around it.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I ride and 09 450R. It has a safety mechanism in the efi that prevents you from starting with the gas on and also from hitting the gas too quick once the engine has started. How do I fix this issue? Getting the holeshot is nearly impossible.. thanks in advance
how are you starting your quad with the push button or with a kick start option? What page in the manual does it state that as a safety I have an 08 and I don't remember seeing that I am really curious about that one. I've done dead engine start and never had to hold the throttle wide open to start it. If you start it and then hit the throttle wide open and it dies, it sounds like your air sensor is dirty or has gone bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts