Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying another set of tires on a budget. I can get either holeshots or razrs for about the same price I havent had either and dont know anyone that has so i was looking for some input on pros and cons. I'm getting front and rears with new rims for about $450 for all four. Thanks for the help i ride mostly trails and snow when the season calls for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if u ride trails and snow go with itp mudites if ucan afford alittle more they go for $62 per tire from denniskirk.com but razers or holeshots are both good tires eitherway for the price

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would look at the Kenda Kutters or their Knarly Klaws. They are usually cheaper than Holeshots and Razrs. If you definately want one of the two you stated I would go with the Razr2's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the Kendas are now in the running or should i say in the front of the pack. The mudlights are a little more then what i am looking at more sport not sport with 4x4 tires. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
637 Posts
Someone here ask not too long ago about tire and the best bang for the buck were the Kenda's for their price, wear life, and ply and compounds. Check there site out KendaUSA - List of All ATV Tires

·
Registered
46 Posts
ive run razr 2 the last 4 years and im only on my 2nd set i race woods races and they hook up awesome never had to plug ne razr ive ever run my last set i had for about three years and 20 races and they still have 50% tread but my buddy who races with me rides the holeshot gncc ands never had a problem and says his hook up good so its all up to wat you want and are willing to pay

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have ran both the razr and the holeshot both are a great tire , i have two sets of the holeshots currently one set is studded , only problem i have is the studs are coming out , i think they bite a bit better in the razr's , although kenda makes a greta tire for the right price , i would look at everything out there firts , i have bear claws on the front and rear of my 400 , if you wanna talk about hooking up ? , lol only problem witha 4x4 tire is makes the bike a bit heavy and slows you down a bit , great if you do alot of mud!

·
Registered
32 Posts
thats why i went with itp mud lite sp's they are lite and grab in all terrain and give a smooth ride on concrete.they grab so good i can ride wheelies in snow no problem you should really look into them

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive had holeshots and razor 2s I wouldnt trade my razor2 for anything else. little harder to slide,just and more power and body english!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered the kendas kutters thursday they looked like the best deal with rims ill post a new pic when i get them on. I was just given a set of DG nerf bars and i have no idea how they mount i figured out the foot peg part but the front doesnt seem to mount to anything. When u get them on they go right where the oil reservoir is. Any thoughts? Thanks again for all your feed back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are g force. Never really heard of them they seem to be holding up pretty good all the reviews seemed possitive to I figured I would give them a try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Indy,

She looks great, it's been a little over 2 months since the purchase. Is the black on the wheels still holding up? I really like the looks of them. What did you pay for all 4 wheels and tires?

·
Registered
6 Posts
im running holeshot hd s on my kfx 45or they have never let me down and where i live in up state new york thats saying something we have some nasty rocks i have seen a lot of slashed side walls... never the hd!

2008 kfx 450r
um pro peg nerf bars
rock a arm skids
ac belly skid
pro armor rear skid
holeshot hd on stock wheels
drive train is bone stock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The backs are awsome the front left took a damn stick the size of my thumb in the tread Kenda said of course they dont cover punchres no matter how big or what it was and i dont have girly hands. Kinda bumd about that but other then that very good. I paid 430 to the back porch for wheels and tires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts