Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
A honda trx 90

I assume you are talking about buying the entire thumb assembly???

If so yes the trx 90

Stock cable will work on all throttle assemblies and carbs stock 36 37 38 39 41 44 etc etc

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the Honda cable will not work? It looks like it would be more flexible... Is there any other cable we could use?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I had to use a Honda 400ex cable to get things to line up right on my 36mm carbs I bought. I went ahead and bought a Honda style thumber as well.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Even with the Honda cable I had to make a new bracket for the throttle cable. Anyway the honda cable will work with the stock thumber.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
I am using Honda throttles on both of mine with the stock KFX700 throttle cables. One was a 450r throttle and the other a 400EX but they are both the same. I removed the spring from inside the throttle assembly also.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why would you guys use our stock cables when the Honda's look way more flexible? Would it not be best to use the whole Honda setup?

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand that but why not use the Honda cable? that 90 deg bend on ours is a pain in the ass...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
that 90 deg bend on ours is a pain in the ass...
That is exactly why I had to change the cable on mine. If your not running bigger carbs I wouldn't think the Honda cable would be needed?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts