Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys needing a little bit of help. I am around $500 to $550 for them to put on the high lifter with Kawasaki HD shocks.. do I do that versus the Hester Stage 1 Shocks? At $1350.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, not with 28’s or less. You can run 28’s on stock suspension, just crank them up to the second from the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently installed the hesters elka shocks stage 1. With a 1/2" skid plate and 27" tusk terrabites, I now have 13" of clearance at the front and rear diff. The rear might need wheel spacers, but the front seems fine. Stability was good after 100 miles this week on mountain 2 tracks. It's just a visual thing I can't un-see at this point. As for tires, I just went thru that. Ended up with the 27" terrabites. It seems 28 is the cut off between 12 and 14 inch wheels. And after the elka shocks I didnt want to spend the money on wheels for the additional 1/2" clearance. Pretty happy with the results. Now if I could get a bit more power...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently installed the hesters elka shocks stage 1. With a 1/2" skid plate and 27" tusk terrabites, I now have 13" of clearance at the front and rear diff. The rear might need wheel spacers, but the front seems fine. Stability was good after 100 miles this week on mountain 2 tracks. It's just a visual thing I can't un-see at this point. As for tires, I just went thru that. Ended up with the 27" terrabites. It seems 28 is the cut off between 12 and 14 inch wheels. And after the elka shocks I didnt want to spend the money on wheels for the additional 1/2" clearance. Pretty happy with the results. Now if I could get a bit more power...
Did you come from having a bracket lift and HD shocks or just stock?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had the hd shocks. I was concerned about the bracket lift being too tall to fit in my toyhauler. The elkas are adjustable from 2-4". I figured I could adjust down if needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts