Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since there seemed to be some interest in a hood scoop that a member on this forum makes (RedDirtReed), I'll start this thread in hopes that it helps him with business, and others with a product. I have emailed back/forth with RedDirtReed, and he was willing to send multiple pics of options to my email address. Out of respect, I will let that member post how they may like going about offering their product. Hopefully anyone who already uses this, or some similar product can chime in on how well they work at reducing/ventilating the heat build-up in the cabin of Mules during warmer days caused by radiator location and hot air pouring into the cabin.

Some background on what this is all about:

(Post #6 on): https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/kawasaki-mule/177551-mount-light-bar-factory-plastic-roof.html#post1678213

https://www.kawieriders.com/forum/kawasaki-mule/176395-updates-my-19-fxt-pic-heavy.html#post1671067

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got one over the winter. Will be putting it on shortly. Another mule owner I know has one and says works and does as expected and cuts the heat way down. Get some pics posted and get some sale rolling.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, i am interested in 1 but havent heard back yet so hopefully this thread will bring up details. Hope it helps with the southern heat here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good morning all. I haven't been on the forum as much lately as I should have been. I appreciate the interest in the scoops and if anyone has any questions feel free to post here or private message me as well. I have a hand full of stock designs and can also do custom if you desire. The space is limited so the design detail is as well but almost any lettering can be placed in the space. let me know if there are any requests and I can draw it up and send you a picture before it actually cut.
Thanks guys, let me know what you all think.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got one over the winter. Will be putting it on shortly. Another mule owner I know has one and says works and does as expected and cuts the heat way down. Get some pics posted and get some sale rolling.

What do you mean by cuts the heat?

·
Registered
112 Posts

What do you mean by cuts the heat?

The Mules are known for putting out a lot of heat from under the dash. While this is welcome during the winter, it gets a little uncomfortable during the hotter months. The hood scoop helps by allowing heat to escape from under the hood as well as allowing cooler air to enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Installed last night. Some pics of it up close and far away. I will open trailer the mule 130 miles (65-70 mph) this weekend and report back how things went. Once I installed, I pulled and pried, trying to see if the hood would come off. It feels extremely solid and stable. I don't see how it could go anywhere during towing.

Unfortunately, it's only going to be 75 degrees this weekend, but I'll be using it around the ranch for a lot of work, so I'm sure at least some heat will build up in the radiator to kick on the fan. So I'll see how well it keeps the cab/feet area cooled and report back.

This thing is solid. Not flimsy in the least.

Once I installed, it dawned on me that I should has asked if the hexagonal holes could have been a little more elongated horizontally, to come closer to matching the stock grill just below it. Still looks good to me though.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts