Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
defenestrator,

Can you have RedDirtReed reach out to me? wanting to purchase one of these for my mule. I don't have enough posts in order to PM him yet. Brand new to this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good afternoon all! Iv'e been away from the forum for a while again and just getting the opportunity to check back in. Glad to hear everyone is pleased with their scoops. cat2024 I'm going to message you here on the forum and we can get you set up with a hood scoop.

Thanks all.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Love the half windshield; won't go without it. Keeps wind and bugs off the face, but allows it just above head and throughout cabin. Also as a rifle rest. I only use my full windshield Dec-Feb.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I just installed mine. It's a quality product and Reddirtreed's customer service is top notch. There was some confusion about which one I wanted so I received a different style than I expected. I sent him an email and he immediately offered to send the correct one. I decided to just keep this one (I think it looks fine) but I appreciate his willingness to make it right. Here are a couple of pics of it installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE:
Trailering with hood scoop installed:
250 miles @ 75-80 MPH on open trailer, half windshield installed. No issues. In fact, as I was watching it in the mirror, there appeared to be mostly a downdraft force on the raised hood. I was flexing downward as if you took your hand and pushed down on the hood right in the middle. I was trailering with my Leer shell on my truck, so that may have been a factor.

Heat Reduction:
93 degrees, driving around out in the fields for several hours. Mule fan engaged several times. No heat in the cab. It was really nice. Additionally, when underway (10+mph), you can feel air blowing in directly under the steering wheel where there is a gap. The air wasn't hot at all, so the ambient air outside the mule is definitely entering the scoop and diluting the hot air within the front trunk above radiator.

·
Registered
52 Posts
UPDATE:
Trailering with hood scoop installed:
250 miles @ 75-80 MPH on open trailer, half windshield installed. No issues. In fact, as I was watching it in the mirror, there appeared to be mostly a downdraft force on the raised hood. I was flexing downward as if you took your hand and pushed down on the hood right in the middle. I was trailering with my Leer shell on my truck, so that may have been a factor.

Heat Reduction:
93 degrees, driving around out in the fields for several hours. Mule fan engaged several times. No heat in the cab. It was really nice. Additionally, when underway (10+mph), you can feel air blowing in directly under the steering wheel where there is a gap. The air wasn't hot at all, so the ambient air outside the mule is definitely entering the scoop and diluting the hot air within the front trunk above radiator.
Awesome! Thank you for the follow up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon all! Iv'e been away from the forum for a while again and just getting the opportunity to check back in. Glad to hear everyone is pleased with their scoops. cat2024 I'm going to message you here on the forum and we can get you set up with a hood scoop.

Thanks all.
I am also interested and new to the forum. Please let me know the best way to order one.

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good Morning all.

We have seen a little delay in our manufacturing as our facility was hit by a tornado on Tuesday of this week. We have since been cleaning up and assessing damage. We are back to a point where we can began shipping out again. It would probably be easier at this point if you were to email me with any questions or ordering info. Mine is [email protected]. Thanks everyone, enjoy your weekends.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got back from a ride with the Hood scoop, silver springs, AZ, 84% out and no more heat on the floor, 5 to 25 mph no heat on the floor, (Problem Solved). Looks good too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've had a chance to test mine out and am able to report that it has eliminated the heat coming out of the dash and floor board. I give 5 out of 5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased a 2019 FXT in June. The first thing I noticed was the intense heat coming from under the dash. I researched the issue on this forum and approached my dealer about the factory "fix" for the heat issue. He said they had installed one for another customer and agreed to order one for mine. The kit contained shields to cover up the holes After it was installed

·
Registered
5 Posts
The shields reduced the heat by about 50%. I also ordered a hood scoop from RedDirtReed. I will report back once i recieve and install.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do it

I have had my hood scoop on for a few weeks now. The heats is gone and no prolbems every one need this who is hot weather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can you ask your dealer what the part number is on the heat shield kit so I can get my dealer to check on it for my mule pro thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks all.
Good morning all. I haven't been on the forum as much lately as I should have been. I appreciate the interest in the scoops and if anyone has any questions feel free to post here or private message me as well. I have a hand full of stock designs and can also do custom if you desire. The space is limited so the design detail is as well but almost any lettering can be placed in the space. let me know if there are any requests and I can draw it up and send you a picture before it actually cut.
Thanks guys, let me know what you all think.

I am very interested in discussing this further with you. Please contact me

·
Registered
5 Posts
The shields reduced the heat by about 50%. I also ordered a hood scoop from RedDirtReed. I will report back once i recieve and install.
The hood scoop was installed about a month ago. Super easy installation. Completely solved the front seat heat issue and doesn't interfere with my fold down windshield.
Thanks Reddirt Reed for making such an inexpensive fix for a great machine!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good Morning all.

We have seen a little delay in our manufacturing as our facility was hit by a tornado on Tuesday of this week. We have since been cleaning up and assessing damage. We are back to a point where we can began shipping out again. It would probably be easier at this point if you were to email me with any questions or ordering info. Mine is [email protected]. Thanks everyone, enjoy your weekends.
I'd like to order one. How do I get in touch with you please?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts