Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cannot ge the flywheel of of this and i need to get it off ti put the new cam chain on anyhelp would be really appreciated and also how do you retime it and does anyone have a manual they could send me to use on the computer :):):):)

·
Registered
16 Posts
You will need a puller to remove the magneto. Remove right balancer gear. Be careful not to lose the springs in the gear. I bought a universal puller from eBay f

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to get the flywheel off my 87 ksf 250. I have ordered the tool and used the "shock" method. Ended up stripping the inside of the magneto. I think went on with a pully puller and put hundreds of pounds of pressure on it, tried the shock method and nothing, not even a budge. I also then went all out, started cutting the magneto off, but cannot get access to the rest of it. So next will be to use tons of force, heat, and shock method. Is there something I am missing? I have obviously removed the bolt to hold the magneto on, but is there anything else? Thanks for any help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts