Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lots of questions about extended swingarms.

What i want to know is are they drag only? can i catch a little air if i have one? nothing huge just 3,4,5 feet off the ground?

is a +4 the shortest i can get? who all makes them? i have seen welded ones and bolted ones. which one is best?

also are they direct fit? no modding anything? do they come with a shock mount?

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I have lots of questions about extended swingarms.

What i want to know is are they drag only? can i catch a little air if i have one? nothing huge just 3,4,5 feet off the ground?

is a +4 the shortest i can get? who all makes them? i have seen welded ones and bolted ones. which one is best?

also are they direct fit? no modding anything? do they come with a shock mount?
I've had my 7.5 welded 5 or 6 feet in the air, but I don't weigh squat. I think some of these guys are jumping the 4" bolt ins. I think Ven should make a 2" spacer for the MXers and just have a driveshaft extension made. I did my shaft myself, not that big of a deal if you have a lathe and a welder.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i probably should have said i aint a tiny guy. im 280. thats good to know tho that you had a 7.5'er in the air.

i have neither a welder or lathe

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I have a bolt on type made from Venforcer, Very good quality. It is a direct bolt on with nothing more than you have to add an extra quart of oil Thats all. I ride in the sand and get some air occationally. It works well. I don't know about woods riding with the extention. I think Dvador ran one in a CNCC race, but I not sure. You will have to PM him and ask. I think a 4" extention is perfact for any kind of ruiding with these V's.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never ride woods. I would say less than 5% of the time. Great info. Thanks a million

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Venforcer's billet extensions are bullet proof.

The welded ones? .... depends who welds them.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I would not been afraid of the one I just traded and it was a weld up and if it was a +4 ...6 too much,.
Where these break we see in gncc is up toward the cross brg tube.
It would have to ride better and now I want a 4 link for drags or get another like is offered now.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
really, have there been some broken ones :confused:

I sure haven't heard about any.

Have you done some x-rays of welds or something on the various ones out there and found some to be flawed

This is info everyone should know

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
The welded are just as strong a stocker or mine is anyways there are a few pics of my big azz off the ground:tup:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

Have you done some x-rays of welds or something on the various ones out there and found some to be flawed

I just got an extended one in the shop to repair. It is a welded one. I've been asked by a couple GNCC guys to make some steel swingers, because they break the stock swingers in the woods.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
No shit, let see a picture of the welded up one.

Steel:confused: you told em that was stupid huh.

The only problem with the stock is it being cast. So naturally it tends to be brittle...doesn't handle impacts with other objects well.

The steel idea is absurd. It would be far better just to layer over the stock with sheet Al.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
I raced vens 4" in two xc races.
Beat it relentlessly.
it won`t break.
I found you need to change the value of the shox compression rate to keep from bottoming out on bigger air--more that 3 ft
I use the 10 " ext for drags only

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did I say anyone's name? Let's look at my statement. :rolleyes: If some jack ass that can't weld aluminum :rolleyes: dedides he's going to extend a swinger :rolleyes: with the skills he has :rolleyes:, how well do you think it will hold up? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
I found you need to change the value of the shox compression rate to keep from bottoming out on bigger air--more that 3 ft
Your fulcrum is longer so a shock set up for a 220 lb rider will act like it's setup for a lighter rider with the extension. My Elka on the rear of my V is for a 200 lb rider. (psst... I'm no where near 200. :lol:)

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
So you're assuming....nice

Thought you were basing your assumption on facts

Did I mention names :rolleyes: Just based upon your post, thought maybe you actually knew something

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Go to the doctor if you want an x-ray. My statement was simple and clear. Leave it to the word manipulater to make a big deal out of it.

I've seen alot of aluminum welds break over the years due to poor penetration. None on our swingers yet. (Is that better?)

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
"poor penetration", you hear that phrase often.... EH :(
:lol:

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Those are welders terms... obviously not wanna-be welders.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.