Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering just that, how many miles you have on your Kawasaki Pro fxt out there, and if you have had any major maintenance issues outside of the known recalls. Looking to buy my first machine and having a tough choice between buying this or an hd9 Can-Am. We don't ride our stuff hard, we just want long-term and dependability.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like my 2019 pro fxt ranch even though I have had a new motor, new clutch, 2 new starters, a rear shock and 2 recalls I still like it because it cost me nothing because Kawasaki has the best warrant ever, If I buy again can am defender would be my choice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like my 2019 pro fxt ranch even though I have had a new motor, new clutch, 2 new starters, a rear shock and 2 recalls I still like it because it cost me nothing because Kawasaki has the best warrant ever, If I buy again can am defender would be my choice.
Wow that's a lot, I have rarely seen any Kawasaki FXT issues outside of the clutch recall. At least they covered it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a mule pro Dx w2016 with 35,000 miles with no real problems. Belt changes about every 6000 miles. Mine runs like the day it was new

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, they replaced a dx motor also where mine was done but it is a work vehicle in the desert sand. They are good machines if you get the air filter dealt with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look at my recent post. 3000 miles and it appears to be an internal transmission problem. Very disappointed. According to the factory service manual in the troubleshooting section it's going to be worn internal parts. My adjustment didn't pan out. It's better but still pops out. Looks like a transmission rebuild over the winter. Should of bought a Honda.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2017 with around 1300 miles. I have had one weird issue with the ecu that caused it not to start, Kawasaki covered it. Also had one fluke issue with the cooling fan after I washed it and it not coming on. After doing some troubleshooting with no avail it just started working again. Other then that it’s been great!

·
Registered
38 Posts
2016 Pro FXT LE EPS. 2,500 mi., 305 hrs.. Oil changes, air filter, drive oil changes, valve check. No issues. Original belt still fine. Machine is used almost daily on my farm.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wondering just that, how many miles you have on your Kawasaki Pro fxt out there, and if you have had any major maintenance issues outside of the known recalls. Looking to buy my first machine and having a tough choice between buying this or an hd9 Can-Am. We don't ride our stuff hard, we just want long-term and dependability.
i have a 2015 pro fxt le with a little over 8200 miles and i have had to put new plug wires and the rest is is regular maintenance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts