Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much can these engines take without being concerned? I've started tuning on the NOS and wondering what is the limit 100rwhp, 110rwhp, etc. I'm over 100 still fat on top. Run out of NOS so stoped for today. Do I need to tune back into the 90's? I can fix the fat part but curious if I need to cut it back for reliability.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I believe the cases were cracking at about 60-70 shot..but I know BIGKEV was spraying that often with no problems. I think its all in your tuning capabilities.

Just remember you gotta crawl before you can walk...:D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I don't have the money to keep fixing these so I won't be adding Nitrous, but Brute Man Kelly if you got 70 horses and no problem and add 50 horses with Nitrous no problem why push it anymore?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe the cases were cracking at about 60-70 shot..but I know BIGKEV was spraying that often with no problems. I think its all in your tuning capabilities.

Just remember you gotta crawl before you can walk...:D
Motor is tuned to the tee at 68.28 rwhp straight line till let off throttle. A/F good all the wat thru. We just started the NOS yesterday, I thought it was OK till we sprayed and looked at the #'s & A/F. It was 86.64 rwhp and going lean off the board. Good as it ran all last year it was off real bad. I ran out of NOS yesterday before we got it perfect, 108 rwhp & the A/F was going fat at 55 mph at 7000rpm's. I need to change my timing right there, I dropped it to quick and to much.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What nitrous system are you using?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
sounds nice brute man. i wouldnt think you would have a problem with what what you said you was spraying the other day. ive sprayed 50 ontop of around 60hp on my old cwr motor. ran that for along time. it done good bottom end looked great when i took it apart. the last time

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have the money to keep fixing these so I won't be adding Nitrous, but Brute Man Kelly if you got 70 horses and no problem and add 50 horses with Nitrous no problem why push it anymore?
I don't want to push it any more. I just started tuning and can see where it is. Like I said it ran good all last season (great times) and I thought it was good till I saw the numbers on the dyno. I was just trying to get the lines good and that's what I got. I'd rather go back down in the the 90's and be safe not sorry. Just getting the mixture right made the difference. Im glad to have this dyno as a sponsor or I could not afford the pulls. It's GERMAN IMPORTS in Kannapolis, N.C. I have always heard tuning was the most important part of engine building.

brute650i
I have Nitrous Express wet kit.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
really brute man what could or would be worse on a motor 80's not turned right and bad lean or 100 tuned correct. im would think that the 100 would be better myself

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Thats what I told Leave it alone and wait til race season,that Brute is BAD for sure.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats what I told Leave it alone and wait til race season,that Brute is BAD for sure.
Thanks Chris, you've seen it before it was tuned in. I hope this will be even better. I think I'll leave it there a little fat for safty and spray the hound out of it. It's about 30 rwhp better on spray than it was at Busco a month ago, so we'll see.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kelly, you going to bring your beast to Monkey Mayhem on March 6?
If I can work it out money wise. I know you and Greg will represent good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We gonne represent them both from NC. Kawi & Can Am!

My rene has a stock crank and block, and it makes 200hp to the tire, prolly round 300hp at the crank. The Kawis are almost exactly the same as a Can AM, except for one main bearing, so I'd assume they could handle similar power levels, assuming a good safe tune.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts