Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much of a diff does a 6 deg key make on a piped and 12 hole mod kfx700. Of course its jetted, pink springed, and has a uni filter on it too. I just dont think it has enough to run with my OLD yfz450 the way it is and I was wanting more without going into the motor if possible.:huh:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It'll make it start easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats it??? I bought this quad already modded, is there any way short of pulling the flywheel I can check to see if it already has this mod done??? Maybe using a timing light??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^ I missed what you were saying??? My 700 has dual HMF's on it. It runs good but from a rolling 20-30mph it just dosent seem to pull as hard as the yfz did. BTW I dont have the yfz anymore.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Hey guy---You can make a sig and put all the current info on your V there---That way you won't have to type it in every time you have a question---Just sayin:p:p

Kenny

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Like kenny said, list your mods in your signature.

The best bang for your buck as far as performance on a stock machine is a machined clutch and crossover intakes.

The intakes alone are worth about 4hp (been dyno tested). The machined clutch is great all over the RPM range and will raise your top end quite a bit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If someone could point me in the right direction on the intakes Id appreciate it. I did a search and came up with more topics than I really care to read about. I will get to work on the sig guys, thanks to all for the info.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
you can make your own crossovers, i did mine

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
it makes a difference in overall performance.
alot snappier,quicker reving,better starts,more bottom end.
1.5 rwhp more
makes even more of a difference on a built motor.
I run a 10* on my drag v and a 6* on my trail v :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aaron j., some pics of the crossovers would help if thats possible. Dayum DVADER, looks like some expensive bikes in your sig. Im assuming the 6deg key is worth the money spent on the key and puller needed to change it.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
It's worth the money since they're so cheap, even better if you have a harmonic balancer puller to use instead of buying a puller

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
What if you install a 4* key---I noticed they sell them as well as the 6*---With the 4* would you be able to still run the cheaper stuff 87--For me everything from Moho, cars, trucks, bikes all run on 87, so it's more convenient to keep the V running on 87. Besides the big pig gets enough special attention over the others without having to buy it it's own gas:p

Kenny

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Even with a 6* key you can run 87 octane, as long as you don't have high compression pistons.

Kenny, venforcer can make you any degree advance key you want. Wouldn't think you'd want to advance more than 10 though.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
aaron j., some pics of the crossovers would help if thats possible. Dayum DVADER, looks like some expensive bikes in your sig. Im assuming the 6deg key is worth the money spent on the key and puller needed to change it.
Thanx-I don`t have kids :)--so all my funds go to my toys.
The key is def worth the money and time/effort to install.
Your install should go smooth

Not bad to install--take your time---should go easy.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
You can rent the harmonic balancer puller from AutoZone for like $20 and get your deposit upon its return.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I think you need two 3 or 4" M8x1.0 bolts for that setup...or maybe their 1.25 pitch...I forget.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
If you decide to buy a puller, it is the same one that is used for a Yamaha Warrior and can be purchased on eBay for about $35.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good info to know, I have a snap-on combo puller but didnt know it would work on the v. Does the flywheel have threaded holes for the bolts to screw into??? I thought it just had the threaded snout around the crank that dictated a custom puller specifically made for the v to be used.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts