Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a VDI and am wanting to make a custom map for NOS runs. I have always been told that it is better to run less timing when running NOS, but how much less? Anybody have any insight on how a NOS timing curve should look? Also, i assume that you run near stock timing at idle and low rpm, and retard timing only in the higher RPM's?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
how are you triggering the NOS? button or RPM activated.

you can get away with 33 degrees timing, but you can flash it up to 37-38 degrees until you hit the point of shiftout on the clutch. prob in your case 7500-7800rpm then drop it back down to 33 degrees for the rest of the rpm. up to about a 40 shot

larger shots 40-50 take it back to 28-29 degrees at the RPM's you run under full load.

John

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info John. I am using a Dynotune Progressive controller activated by a WOT switch.

2nd question, what timing curves have you found to work best with race fuel for a N/A tune?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
After....lol well IF I skull drag your azz, then I'll share my maps with you. :p

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
Crap, I keep seeing your signature and thinking it should be a close race. :mad::mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts