Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. Just rejetted dads grizzly 450 stock exhaust, uni filter stock everything else. Used a dynojet kit w/a 124 jet and it seems to be lacking power and backfiring on deceleration. I went from 2.5 turns to 2 turns out on the a/f and it helped. It also Is blowing smoke, smelling real bad :confused:and occasionally stalling under idle. It is starting right up though and running at a higher idle with the choke on no matter if the engine is hot or cold.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
sounds like it's too rich. try a 120 DJ jet. I'd also try the stock needle and just shim it with 1 dynojet shim. the DJ needle is thinner than the stocker and can make it miss midrange and run crappy with too much fuel.

With the HMF slipon's I use 140 MIKUNI jet. they are Mikuni carbs on those machines. stock pipe. figure on 135 ish mikuni jet. or mabye 118-120 dynojet.

John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had it out last night and with the a/f screw only 2.5 turns out and no air box lid it did run better so I'll drop the jet down today. What should the a/f screw be at.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put it all back to stock, running great exept it occasionally stalls. What was the stock a/f setting ? I have it at 2.5 turns right now. Also will the fact that I removed the resistor grom the plug make it stall ? Also were going to Hatfiel Mccoy April 26,27,28,29. Interested ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts