Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2007 kfx 700 and now want it to be faster. I dont want to sink alot of money into it though. Is there anything that I can add to give it more top end or anything else. I still like the trail riding aswell but when I line up I want to know that the people on a normal raptor dont have a chance.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Clutch work.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean putting on a different clutch and if so what should I be looking for.

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
No just remove yours and send it out to be machined

Also a nice aftermarket pipe proper carb adjustments a bottle od Nitrous and that should take care of the everyday raptor and is still easy to ride in the trails until you hit the button of course then tight trails get a little hairy :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
to really get the 1st place every time----
YOU NEED TO BUILD IT!!!

ok--modding a stocker will work for 45 hp--some have made 50rwhp
Best combo for the money modding a stocker.

used muzzy----300 aprox or good aftermarket exhaust
12 hole mod and jetting---free to 30 bucks
spark boot mod--free
VFJ Clutch service and cut-----
Daulton blue clutch spring--aprox 60$ deliverd--best all around performer
MS mod From VFJ or homemade

That will stomp some azz --oh yea--get grip glue>
it will be a handful to hang onto;)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been looking up some of the ideas from this reply and have seen that all I need to do is change the springs in my clutch I have now, is that true. Now what are these two mods: 12 hole mod and jetting and spark boot mod.
I already have an aftermarket exhuast that I am happy with so I shouldnt have to do anything with that.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
A search will reveal all you need to know..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Changing the clutch spring won't increase top speed only machining the clutch can do that. VFJ does them for $200. Call him at Interstate Motorsports (they're a site sponsor).

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Jet it correctly and do the 12 hole mod.
6 key
My stage 3 clutch mod and EPI almond primary spring
crossover intakes (not available yet)

that's 48-50 rwhp up from 35 rwhp stock. your's prob now has just 38-39 rwhp. (if you don't have a DJ kit in there)

it'll run 77-80 mph pending on tune, tire size, and pipe selection.

when you get tired of that, you can go BBK and be well over 85-90 mph pending on what you do to it. really big BBK's you can get 100 mph or NOS on a small bore bbk

John

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey John, what does the 6* key do for the V. Do you have to change anything else (valves, jets or ?) to do this mod?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Gives you an advance in timing by 6 degrees..

These V twins seem to like the advance.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Just curious---But those who use after market CDI's---Don't they advance the timing somehow too:hmm::hmm:

Kenny

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Yes. :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
So you want either/or---Either a 6* key---Or an after market CDI that advances the timing--You wouldn't have both for any reason---Right?---And since you have to have a fly wheel puller and remove the flywheel with the 6* key---Then it seems better to go with the CDI as they are plug and play---Right?---Thanks

Kenny

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
In a thread where I asked about using both the key and Dynatek in my V, VFJ responded "put in the key. I ran the dyna and a 6 key on my 730 with a brute flywheel for many years with no problem. it was snappy as hell for a 730. run premium. racegas makes it even a little better. these machines like 39-40 degrees of timing for whatever reason. you'll be glad you did. it's felt in throttle response. John" I haven't had a chance to try it out, though.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Rob---Key word in your post is 730---Mine is stock and so is Moody in the 1st post---But I would guess then from what you said that the 6* with stock CDI is better then, as with the stock motor wouldn't need to extend the rev limiter for anything-----Right?

Kenny

1 - 20 of 25 Posts