Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of getting the magnet softer springs for my v. ive read some good reviews here on them. but how do i remove the springs from the shocks?? thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
the fronts you will need a spring compressor. The rear you can take the pre load off and do it yourself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can get a spring compressor set at Harbor Freight for about 15.00. I used the strut spring compressor from them. they didn't fit the shock springs perfectly, but they did work. If you go this route, I recommend putting electrical tape on the spring compressor "hooks" to avoid damaging the finish on the new springs. Make several wraps with the tape, you have to put them under quite a load to get them off. The rear spring comes off much easier than the fronts. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
BTW, Ive never had elkas, but these springs are insanely cool compared to the stockers!:D

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
This tool looks awsome! I would go with this if you can afford the extra $$, it will definitely fit better than the one I found at Harbor Frieght!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys! i ordered that tool.....ill post about the springs soon as i get everything

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
thanks guys! i ordered that tool.....ill post about the springs soon as i get everything

And sell it to me for half price when your finished:clap::clap:

Kenny

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am telling you that tool will pay for its self over and over .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts