Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i did a search and nothing really came up. so i guess here is an opportunity for us to gather info on how to drop some poundage off the V. from the easy "dont need this piece, take it off" to the extream. lets see what you guys got????

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
I hope to start a thread soon on the new lightened stock drag frame I am having done up... should be a lot of pics etc... frame bare weighed 54lbs... hoping to get 15 lbs at least off of it...

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Only problem with that is Randy is barely 100 pounds with full riding gear and helmet on :lol:

Hes just a little feller

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only problem with that is Randy is barely 100 pounds with full riding gear and helmet on :lol:

Hes just a little feller
hahahaha, im slightly bigger, maybe more around 155-160 with full gear on. :p:p

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
I hope to start a thread soon on the new lightened stock drag frame I am having done up... should be a lot of pics etc... frame bare weighed 54lbs... hoping to get 15 lbs at least off of it...
got 6 lbs off so far, that's without altering the main frame, which is a no no to run oem classes

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok monkey, what can come off???

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
:eek:That is not true.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
got 6 lbs off so far, that's without altering the main frame, which is a no no to run oem classes
We have some ideas. Like I said.. I will post up a bunch of pics.... if my understanding of the rules is correct... the main frame rails can't be touched.. but everything else is fair game.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
factory pegs can come off n have some aluminum ones made, same with steel grab bar n bumper, go aluminum. lighter wheels, cut plastics, metal supports for rear plastics, skid plates if u choose, small fuel cell, depends on what your use is gonna be.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Can't he just get Lipo-suction??? :lol:

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
maybe try a high protein diet!!:lol::lol:

currently loosing over 2lb a day!! yep, no miss type there!!!:p

:D

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts

If you go chain drive you can loose the heavy rear swingarm for a lighter one, other then chain drive Jeremy knights bike is still OEM frame. His bike only weighs 400 lbs. with the wheelie bar on it :hmm:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i could afford to loose a few pounds too

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
factory pegs can come off n have some aluminum ones made, same with steel grab bar n bumper, go aluminum. lighter wheels, cut plastics, metal supports for rear plastics, skid plates if u choose, small fuel cell, depends on what your use is gonna be.

Dont need bumper and grab bar at all on a dragger

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts

If you go chain drive you can loose the heavy rear swingarm for a lighter one, other then chain drive Jeremy knights bike is still OEM frame. His bike only weighs 400 lbs. with the wheelie bar on it :hmm:

come on.. a chain drive is just as heavy as a regular v... you lifted mine up.. you know...:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
hmm.. I guess I learned something new today. I remember back in the day Mickey said you lost like 90 lbs. or something like that :huh: LOL, never mind what I say then guys :tup:

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
dude.. I am just joking.. surely you have picked up knights bike... I am just teasing as there is a thread on here with some folks arguing about how a chain drive is a waiste of time cause it doesn't save any weight.. lol.. I just laughed.... :lol:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I lifted up the rear of Zmanns orange bike with one hand.I couldn't dream of that with my V's .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts