Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey rockhound sorry, if I had know that was you I never would have sent you that offer on ebay for the swingarm. My partner got it buy it now and I think I am gonna have to take this plus7 off and use your plus4 then use the plus7 on the kx500 tecate. We put works shocks in the front and a rebuilt in back but it sits waaay to high, maybe your plus4 will help? Anyone have any ideas triple clamps and a good rear shock for an 86-87 T-3? I havent been to the dunes for years and miss all the affection from the banshee-boys.

·
Registered
272 Posts
do you have a t4 with a kx500 motor or a t3 if its in a t4 did you have any problems with vibes

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The bike in the pic looks fine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the KX500 T-4 vibrates like crazy, there is a video of it on the atvdragracers.com website but its dumb. We put a stock swingarm on it because it wouldnt hook at all, boy was that a mistake! A banshee-boy from work that got me started said his quad made over 100hp on a dyno and the 500 stayed a bike length behind through fourth despite not using more that 2/3rds throttle and it trying to kill him in every gear. Hopefully the plus7 swingarm will be safe but not boil the tires, then we will try suspension. I am loading a pic of the original Tecate, I mean quads are ok but this has a new Kustom Kraft 325cc nik kx cylinder with massive modifications. It will destroy the kx500 quad or my new Sprock stroker quad, its waaay fast. When they came back from that sand fest in Nebraska and told me they didnt see a single three wheeler I new it was time.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Most important thing is balancing the crank. Working the pistons is more effective multiple cylinder motors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's hard to notice the vibration when you are just trying to stay alive. I had my machinist bud make custom quarter inch stainless mounts and we welded the KX engine mounts in the T-4 frame, it isnt going anywhere! We are just taking our time with chassis length and weight transfer now. I would ask all of you, if you had the cash to do anything you wanted to the engine in order to make it fastest what would that be? I need help! I respect your opinions and between the five of us that ride them we can make just about anything happen. I need to get it done so that I can get the H2750 rear engine done and the 2004 ZX7 engine in something too...thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I would mainly do some heavy port work in the cylinder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts