Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I heard Glenns 840s can hold nearly 20 psi and run up a 600ft hill over and over without the overflow bottle water moving even a millimeter.

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
I hope it was some good stuff. Im going up next weekend and Im always able to sneak a few things out :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
All kinds of rumors in here. :lol: I heard he's easy on cell phones.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
I heard Glenns 840s can hold nearly 20 psi and run up a 600ft hill over and over without the overflow bottle water moving even a millimeter.

I noticed on mine that when the engine warms up it will push some coolant in the overflow bottle but when the bike cools off the coolant level goes back down to where it was prior to starting it. The overflow bottle is not up to the full line either. Is this normal? do you think there is still some air in it?

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
No that's normal. Coolant will push past the rad cap when it exceeds the psi rating on the cap... just like you describe. Then as it cools, if the rad cap is good, there is a vacuum in the cooling system causing it to draw back in. No worries.

As long as it doesn't keep pushing it out and filling and overflowing the bottle... basically emptying the system.

Air in the system can cause all kinds of problems too, but not what you are describing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I hope it was some good stuff. Im going up next weekend and Im always able to sneak a few things out :lol:
Ya he finally has my motor after me jacking around for 4 months getting it to him. Starting with a 916 (62mm stroke x 97mm bore) After I get it back we will be starting on the "big motor" The 1035 (70mm x 97mm) should be a beast. Yall stay tuned. The Can Am's are starting to get fast!

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
No that's normal. Coolant will push past the rad cap when it exceeds the psi rating on the cap... just like you describe. Then as it cools, if the rad cap is good, there is a vacuum in the cooling system causing it to draw back in. No worries.

As long as it doesn't keep pushing it out and filling and overflowing the bottle... basically emptying the system.

Air in the system can cause all kinds of problems too, but not what you are describing.

I wanted to quote this quick before he realizes he is in the wrong thread... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
1st off Congrats Dakota on your new build.... Sorry to muck up your thread...

2nd Hell I meant to send Glenn a pm and realized I posted in this thread:lol: I'm sick and on some good sh!t:lol::lol: Thanks for the reply....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard he had a 900+cc stroker kawy in a frame there as well, did you guys see it? I wonder how that thing is gonna run???
It was there! I didnt go. Drew (old dixie 450) and Mike (bullgod) went! The stroker motor was making dyno runs last week!

·
Registered
7,488 Posts

I noticed on mine that when the engine warms up it will push some coolant in the overflow bottle but when the bike cools off the coolant level goes back down to where it was prior to starting it. The overflow bottle is not up to the full line either. Is this normal? do you think there is still some air in it?

I swear Camo's reply to you appeared before your post did. It was two camo posts on top of each other. Anyway... That is normal, filling up and not going back down is not, like Camo said. :)

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
I swear Camo's reply to you appeared before your post did. It was two camo posts on top of each other. Anyway... That is normal, filling up and not going back down is not, like Camo said.
That's called moderator quick reply. :lol: I was wondering wtf. I had to scroll back up and see his question again. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts