Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone besides the coperhead make a programable cdi for the v.
and is the copperhead hold up anybetter then it was

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
DynaTech has a programable CDI for the V.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Since when? They have one for the Brute.

Copperhead is awesome to use. I have had no issues with both my Gen II's.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i knew that dyna made one for the brute and prarie. but not th v. does the copper head vdi seem to be pretty shock proof and water proof i dont plan on it getting wet on my drag bike but you never know what you can get into while hauling it. also how may out puts are on it ive hear one for a tech and one to start up say a nos system

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
They are very easy to program. You make the maps (1 & 2) on your computer. Write it to the 'pod'... then with the ignition off on your wheeler, you plug the 'pod' into the Copperhead. Turn the ignition on but do not start it. Wait until the light on the VDI comes on (about 3 seconds), turn off the ignition and unplug the 'pod'. The VDI also has a toggle switch to go from map 1 to map 2 by flipping the switch on the fly. It's good for a motor map and a nitrous map... or just different testing.

It has a tach output. It has a kill wire for a tether and I believe 4 other trigger wires that will supply a ground to other circuits if you choose to use them.

I have a Copperhead in my Prairie as well. It sees water. I haven't had any issues with mine.

It mounts with bolts but not the exact same spacing.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
also running the VDI, and no issue.

It does take a little time to program them, you have to adjust the timing in 50 rpm increments

G

·
Dyna still doesn't make one for the V. I recently worked with my distributor for them, and we tried to make a purchase of 25 if they would begin production, still no go.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Dyna still doesn't make one for the V.
Yea I was think about the brute force sorry.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i do not get why they make one for the prarie and not the v imean come on. thee would be alot of interest in this product i would think. most everyone on hear has a cdi on there bike and i wouldnt care to bet that half of those have nitrous also. so most people would rather be safer with a programable ignition over a standard one. but thanks everyone for the help. when i get one ill be askin for soem help on maps im sure

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
:lol: I wouldn't pay almost $400 for a programable cdi

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
No. You can build multiple maps on your laptop and download new ones every run. Once the maps are built, it only takes seconds to put them into the VDI. Neither the VDI or the pod will display what map you have loaded so you have to keep track of what you put into it.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
:lol: I wouldn't pay almost $400 for a programable cdi
Then you are SOL for the V. Most don't need one, but if you are using nitrous with a turbo... or using a big shot of nitrous, it's kinda nice to know what your ignition is doing. :p

·
Registered
80 Posts
it takes ages to setup then, would be much nicer if you could just live map it on the dyno

Anyone had some experience with the 'batquad' cdi? This is a german who made it for the kawie V and is also programmable. Have not seen the software though.
This is his site but actually not much info there
BatQuad.de - Home

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
to get the ignition right. All the ecu's I am familiar with have live mapping, while you are running you can see on the laptop exactly where you are in the map and can change it immediatly. With the vdi you need to alter the map load it up, do a run, check for det and keep an eye on the rpm meter as you need know where you want to change it, then change it upload it again, very time cinsuming you see.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
ECU... you've been dealing with EFI obviously. This is a little different. This is for timing only. There is no way to adjust anything with a carb setup on the fly through electrical connections.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts