Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after having my kfx for a few monthes I finally took it riding. Where I live I mainly just get to ride on the country roads and was thinking of selling it for something with a clutch. But yesterday me and a few friends hit some trails, couple brutes and a kfx 450. Ill have to say everyone was pretty impressed with the way mine performed on the muddy trails. If it didnt bottom out it went. I climbed a bunch of rutted out muddy hills covered on roots and rocks, that the 450 didnt. I think its all in the auto trans. Most of the smaller banks that were around 25 ft tall that get steeper as you go up the auto is so much more controlable at the top.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dang I just realized I joined in Sept. the day I got it. This was the first time I really went riding, thats pretty sad.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Wow---Don't know how you resisted the temptation to fire it up for so long---Well it sounds like it was well worth the wait---Are you running stock air filter and stock exhaust with the 12 hole lid.

Kenny

·
Registered
14 Posts
You can run a stock exhaust and any set-up you want. Your Jetting must change but your EGTs might raise a bit more because the stock is slightly restrickting. I am going to run stock with the 12 hole soon and I am going to post all the jetting specs. Just as soon as the snow melts.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Ive been told that you cant run the 12 hole lid with stock exhaust and jets.
It's not a matter of can or can't---It's what works best and gives you optimum performance for what you have---These guys have tried every combination under the sun and have it pretty nailed as to what works best especially in the stockers.

Kenny

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I changed the jets but yes I had to cover a few holes to get it to run right. I wish I never done it, I was going through some pretty deep water I was worried every time.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
If I was you I'd stay out of the water.

Last time I rode the water on my V it costs me a crankshaft, rods, pistons, etc.

About $1200 worth..

Take that $1200 and buy a boat if you want to be in the water..:D

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

Last time I rode the water on my V it costs me a crankshaft, rods, pistons, etc.

About $1200 worth..

"Buy a boat"---That's too funny:p:p

Kenny

·
Premium Member
757 Posts

About $1200 worth..

:lol::lol::lol: Good advice Trav...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts