Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody I am 16 and will soon be able to drive. I have been looking at cars and quads and decided on the KFX700 for the quad. Now I have a problem. Does anyone know of a type of truck where the KFX can go in the bed? Worst comes to worst I will use a trailer but it is so much easier to have it in the bed. If anyone can help I will be very grateful

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
They fit in SB Fords. I'm not sure how tight it is in the small 1/4 tons but I have seen them in the back of them too with the tail gate down.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
what the hell does Erik put his in, that's pretty small

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Nissan somethin or other.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Nissan somethin or other.
from the pics that I have seen that is what it looks like

the issue is that I dont think that Erik is running spacers on his V

self am, and that does make it an issue getting in on to the smaller trucks!!
like I have,and the spacers make a big difference out on the rides

either get one of the bigger trucks/pick up, or a traylor option is not so bad!!
that is what we do this side!!

:D

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Mine fit in my 85 toyota long bed and it fits in my 06 tundra long bed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just have a feeling I am going to need something that would be expensive, and being only 16 I cant afford more than like 7000

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know it will fit in the back of a dodge ram short bed. With the tailgate up, it's snug...the V's front bumper just touches the front of the bed and the rear tires touch the tailgait...no need for tie downs that's for sure.

I think it's safe to say they'll fit in any of the long bed trucks or any short bed with at least a 6'6" bed.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
The V fits in my 2003 chevy extended cab shortbed with about 2-3 inches to spare w/tailgate up.

You can find the bed dimensions for any truck online to see if the V will fit. The V is 78.1in long

·
Registered
248 Posts
It was made to fit in the back of a 1968 ford pickup and I will sell it to ya for $7000.00....... :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
They Will Fit In The Back Of A Ford Ranger.......Tight But they Will Fit

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys have been really helpful but a couple of you brought up a point that is a little not what I was worried about. The length isnt that big of a problem. The problem for me is the width of the quad at 47 inches it takes a bigger sized truck and from what I have been researched a lot of the bigger ones are only 50 inches wide (between the wheelwells) which isnt much

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
I think Metal has some homemade ramps that run the front tires up and over the wheel wells and continue to the front of the box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been doing a little researching and it turns out i might just borrow my dads 2001 (I think) Chevy Silverado. It has 49 inches between the wheelwells and is long enough so I hope it will work.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I have a 93 Dodge 1/2 ton W150 4x4 long bed reg. cab with a 318 V-8 & OD auto for sale if interested pm me I live 10 miles outside Atlantic City, NJ. Ed3

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Here's what you need---This is a Toyota flatbed with 22r engine---Look for one of these used---You can't go wrong---Small truck but tons of room for quad/gas/tires and whatever else---I have 2 of these---Best I've ever owned---I'm selling one of them but you're not in my area.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts