Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that this is an ATV forum, I am an 88 T-4 owner. I have a question concerning an '07 KX65 birt bike. I bought this for my son who has limited riding experience (it was a good deal). I need a way to restrict the horsepower on this thing for a while, until he learns a little more respect for the throttle. Any Ideas? Could it be as simple as a restrictor plate in front of the exhaust? Possibly a throttle limiter?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Maybe put a longer throttle cable on it so he can't open it all the way.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Kawasaki sells the throttle housings separately. The upper housing is the same as the KLX110 which has a throttle limiter screw on the bottom half. Go to your local dealer and order this part # 32099-1220 and 59101-1104 That is the KLX110 lower half of the housing and your throttle reel. Then make sure they get you the 5mm stop screw 92009-1998 and nut 311AB0500. It will bolt in place of your original lower half with no mods. If your want more than a throttle stop to tame it down go here and order the weighted flywheel. It will slow the engine down from reving up too quick, makes it more like a KDX. </title> <meta content="FrontPage.Editor.Document" name="ProgId"> <script language="JavaScript"> function ImageShow(theimage){ Windowprev = window.open("","Windowprev","toolbar='0',location='0',directories='0',status='0',menubar='0',scrollbars='0',re_

·
Registered
76 Posts
a restricter washer is the easiest. How old is your son? if he's 7 or older he should be alright. You'll be surprised how fast your son will master the clutch just keep reminding him he's in control of the bike and it won't do anything he doesn't make it do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts