16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little fun busting drifts today,I didn't hit this one hard enough:lol:
Mine is the one the left.
Good times:D

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Nuttin' worse then getting stuck hard on a sled.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
put it in 4 wheel drive

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does have wheels,they are called Idler Wheels:p

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
rode my first sled today ,just seen my first sled other than pics first of the week ..Gotta say those things are fun but how do you steer em took me whole field to turn around ,but in a straight line it would flat out fly

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
rode my first sled today ,just seen my first sled other than pics first of the week ..Gotta say those things are fun but how do you steer em took me whole field to turn around ,but in a straight line it would flat out fly
They do have a fairly big turning radius if you are in loose snow; once it's packed down then it's much tighter.
A lot has to do with the model (long track, etc), and a lot has to do with driver experience.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Metal: The first clue should be my user name... DUH;) And as for the Camo comment,atleast I ride him and not the other way around.
Depending on the conditions and type of sled,they can be a bitch to turn.
On a hard packed trail,they just rail the corners.
My quad runs real well but my sled would destroy it in a race,even on the bottle.

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Sleds should have had power steering long before ATV's, imo.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Those are funny looking quads. :D

So how hard is it to get them unstuck? Does a sled weigh alot more than a quad? Can you just put them in reverse and back out, or do you have to get a rope/chain and have it pulled out by another snowmobile?

Happy trails...:)

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Those are funny looking quads. :D

So how hard is it to get them unstuck? Does a sled weigh alot more than a quad? Can you just put them in reverse and back out, or do you have to get a rope/chain and have it pulled out by another snowmobile?

Happy trails...:)
1. It can be extremely hard. If stuck like in asnowmobiler's pic, it's the worst kind of stuck. If you are simply stuck in a hole, often a buddy can pull by hand on one ski and get you unstuck; it's usually the skis that hold you back when stuck.
2. No.
3. Not all sleds have reverse, and it usually won't get you unstuck even if it does.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
:lol:

So who got stuck first? The second guy I could see trying to out do the first.

I only get rode by one... and she's a 1/3 your size. :D

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We where lucky.
That was at a road crossing,so with a little digging,they were pulled backward onto the road. It still took a crap load of hard pulling.
GOOD TIMES:D

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hit it first and I hit it hard,just the way you said you like it.:wub:
My buddy thought he almost made it. A guy we didn't know saw it unfold,he laughed at him and said "you only thought you almost made,it didn't look that way from my point view":lol:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
They got a tight turning radius if you stand on the left running board with your right foot, let your left foot drag, turn your skis in the direction you don't wanna go, then juice it! :p

Jeeze John what do you do spend your free time polishing the cowling? Looks good but almost as if you choked at the last minute and let off. :rolleyes:
In your defense though it did look heavy and packed. Coulda been a good straight up launch though.

Still 3ft plus here up in the elevation (you know where) loading up in the a.m. and doing it. Greg's 02 Gade is wrecked in the treeline somewhere over there, and it's free for the taking he said to whoever retrieves it. :D

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Sleds steer like asnowmobiler in the deep stuff... from the back and alot of throttle. :lol:

:lol: Not asnowmobiler, I mean boats in water...

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You can do better then that:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts