Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Studded Ice Tires

I have decided to sell my rear ice tires. I haven't even run them after spending 8+ hours working on them. I have decided to put some snowmobile studs in the stock Holeshot tires that no one seems to want to buy so I am selling these.

These are 22x11-10 Turf Tamer tires with 286 ice screws in each tire. I shaved the raised area around each knob off and staggered all of the screws so they don't line up with each other. All of the screws are at a forward angle and glued in with Loctite Black Max super glue.

The wheels in the photo are not for sale. I have some wheels available if you are interested in wheels also... just not the ones in the photo.

$115 shipped (tires only)

This is a photo of the tires before the screws were glued/indexed.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
How would they work on groomed Snow mobile trails? I have never ridden them, but we have a lot of them around this area.

Those bags of packing look familier.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would they work on groomed Snow mobile trails? I have never ridden them, but we have a lot of them around this area.

Those bags of packing look familier.
:lol: Yup! Probably since you owned that packing at one time. Funny thing is that my orange V hasn't even been ridden since I installed the exhaust I bought from you. :lol:

I haven't ever ridden on snow or ice yet with tires like this either. I would think that if the snow is somewhat hard-packed, the screws would help but they will dull fairly quickly if you have to frequently run across any dirt or asphalt. On the other hand, on hard-packed snow you don't need nearly as sharp of a biting edge to still grab good as you would on ice. For that type of riding I would probably even suggest taking 1/2 of the screws out as they are probably not needed. They could be saved as replacements. They are only 1/2" long ice screws so they didn't puncture the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Twyztid....dude I can't believe you did all that work and aren't even going to have the fun from them.....I paid the guy for those 25" Realtors, but he still hasn't shipped them....he underestimated the shipping and now he's taking forever to get a rate from ups or USPS. You ship lots of tires...what's the cheapest way?

Wapiti - They will hook up well on hard packed snow, not enough to pull wheelies, but a very noticeable difference.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twyztid....dude I can't believe you did all that work and aren't even going to have the fun from them.....I paid the guy for those 25" Realtors, but he still hasn't shipped them....he underestimated the shipping and now he's taking forever to get a rate from ups or USPS. You ship lots of tires...what's the cheapest way?

Yeah, I hear ya! I saw my friend's 18" tires for his Banshee with 90 snowmobile studs in them. :wub: I decided that is what I want instead for playing on the ice. I tend to change my mind a lot and go overboard on tire-related stuff. :lol: I have already have 208 used, carbide-tipped snowmobile studs ony the way but will only only be using about 56 per tire. I am going to put them in my stock Holeshot tires that no one seems to want to buy after I sharpen them. I think that should be plenty and should turn out pretty sweet when they are done. They'll probably hook up like mad. I think I am going to have to screw the beads of the rims to the tires also because I will have to run tubes and I don't want to spin a tire on the rim and rip off a valve stem.

Funny thing is, I haven't even ever ridden on ice yet. I just like to be prepared. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I paid the guy for those 25" Realtors, but he still hasn't shipped them....he underestimated the shipping and now he's taking forever to get a rate from ups or USPS. You ship lots of tires...what's the cheapest way?
I almost forgot to reply about this part. Hopefully you get those tires. I would feel kind of bad if you didn't get them since I gave you his info.

I always use FedEx for shipping. They are by FAR the cheapest, especially for tires. It usually costs aboiut $20-$40 to ship a pair of tires from Michigan depending on how heavy they are and how far they have to go. I think when I was talking to that guy about buying the tires, it was going to be about $40 to ship the pair to Michigan using FedEx. If you have any more questions about this, feel free to PM me.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
the guy said that fedex wanted $80 to ship them to Minnesota

I have 22" Realtors with 18 snowmachine studs in them and they hook up mad on ice. I wanted the 25" because I think that they will absorb a little of the V's torque, and I plan to put 54 studs in them.

I ran tubes last year, with 12 psi, and raced a full season, plus had it out on the lake and never had a problem with spinning the beads.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must be there isn't many people on this forum that play on the ice. :unsure: :hmm:

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody? I really think this is a fair price since there is about $50 worth of screws alone.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Offers?

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still for sale.

Lowered price.

·